Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Its sooooo good you have to watch it....
And costumes by the legendary Edith Head. (Won Oscars for All About Eve, Sabrina, Roman Holiday, A Place in the Sun, The Sting....)
5 Oscar Nominations.
* Best Actress in a Leading Role (Natalie Wood)
* Best Art Direction-Set Decoration Black-and-White (Hal Pereira, Roland Anderson, Sam Comer, Grace Gregory)
* Best Cinematography, Black-and-White (Milton R. Krasner)
* Best Costume Design, Black-and-White (Edith Head)
* Best Writing, Story and Screenplay - Written Directly for the Screen. (Arnold Schulman)
In 1982, former editor of Vogue magazine, and then curator of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute, Diana Vreeland reveals that she was always in love with the sport of surfing and equally enjoys skateboarding. She recalls coming out of the museum late at night as skaters were doing ollies and jumping all over the marble front steps and plaza.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Two of the most recognizable names in dance–Mikhail Baryshnikov and the Merce Cunningham Dance Company–headline a show on June 7 to benefit REDCAT and the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, which works to preserve the legacy of the iconoclastic choreographer, who died at 90 last year.
The REDCAT performance will feature Occasion Piece2, a version of a work that Baryshnikov and Cunningham originally performed together in 1999. The music is from “Song Books” by–another longtime Cunningham collaborator and his life partner–composer John Cage.
Special Benefit with the Merce Cunningham Dance Company and guest artist Mikhail Baryshnikov at REDCAT
6 pm cocktail reception and 7:30 pm performance
9pm dinner with the artists