Tuesday, August 26, 2008

MOCA: Index

John Baldessari
Concerning Diachronic/Synchronic Time: Above, On, Under (with Mermaid)

1976

The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles Purchased with funds provided by Lenore S. and Bernard A. Greenberg


Please come to L.A., we'll live forever
The California life alone is just too hard to bear

We'll live in a house that looks out over the ocean

And we'll see stars fall from the sky, livin' up on the hill

The Second Sentence of Everything I Read is You. Stephen Prina performed pop songs about love, sex & death.

Private party for the artists in the new MOCA exhibition at the Geffen. INDEX: CONCEPTUALISM IN CALIFORNIA FROM THE PERMANENT COLLECTION

Chinatown @ the Mountain Bar. Memories of funny times past. New memories of these funny times. I had a major migraine, so Stephen Prina's performance irony was lost on me at first...but then it kicked in to my slow brain as my pain wore off. He was a dear. And so was that Ezra with the insane massage--that certainly helped the migraine away.

Dave is the best gentleman ever. He disappeared outside and comes back with magical sandalwood fans for Linlee & me. Index artists Kevin Hanley and T. Kelly Mason DJ'd. The highlight for me was Grace Jones. So primal.

No comments: