Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'M IN LOVE!

With Mashti Malone's!

1.Saffron/ Rosewater with Pistachios. Of course I love this one. Saffron is one of the most expensive herbs in the world and comes from the flower I grew up seeing as the first sign of Spring....the Crocus. Saffron is an aphrodisiac (maybe this is why I fell in love with this flavor) and pain reliever. Much sexier than Alleve ;)

2. Rosewater/Ginger--I want to cry it is so beautiful. You can wear it as a perfume or eat it ;) Tastes great slightly melted. My tres sophisticated dog also likes it.

3. Herbal Snow--The texture a bit softer than a sno cone and much more delicious!

Next up, I will be trying the Pomegranate Sorbet....
Take a quart or pint home, add a little bite of happiness with a Jules Destrooper Belgian butter crisp (gosh I do love the Belgians...hello, Hedi...) to the bowl, and you have something perfectly delightful!

Mashti's is in a nondescript strip mall on the corner of La Brea and Sunset in Hollywood (there is also a location in Glendale). I wondered why there was an Irish shamrock on a sign for Persian ice cream. The story I have come to gather is that when the two Iranian brothers took over an existing ice cream parlor 25 years ago, they could not afford to replace the entire sign...so...they used one brother's first name and left the last of the existing sign. The name rolls off the tongue as easily as the flavors roll onto it! (And hey, the name of their business is also a lesson in making due with what you have to work with.... ;)

Oh, you can also pick up lychee juice here! Another great thing--they are open LATE--until midnight I believe on some evenings.

No preservatives, No Eggs, No Refined Sugar, No Corn Syrup, No Trans Fat, No artificial Flavor, No Artificial color
.

No comments: