Saturday, June 7, 2008

Buzz Buzz

Yesterday I was unable to go home for a while. I had taken little Callie for a walk. I had no phone, no cash, no water, just me and my dog. After our walk was through, we could not get back into our place for over an hour. So, we two gypsies just went with it. What can you do? We wandered around our neighborhood. We lounged in the grass for a good while, gazing up at a incredibly chubby and fuzzy bumble bee with a completely solid ochre-yellow tummy. He kept buzzing over us. He was curious about us it seemed and quite amusing. I started thinking how he seemed almost like a mini alien. He repeatedly came over to check us out for a good 15 minutes, and would then buzz about some flowers. The way they maneuver is fascinating, especially when you are observing from below. He was like an organic robotic helicopter. A bit surreal.

When is the last time you paused in life and had such an experience?

No comments: