Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We could be heroes.....

...just for one day. Superheroes: Fashion & Fantasy at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York opening gala. Exhibit through Sept. 1, 2008. I hope to make it there to see this as well as the Koons exhibit all under one roof.....

For the opening gala, we have the darling Christina Ricci in Givenchy. I feel Givenchy is having a bit of comeback--at least for a younger generation-- if they ever left. And some beautiful shoes the past few seasons. This is hands down my most favorite look of the evening. I love the nod to all time steel magnolia superhero favorite Wonder Woman. This is the dress I would love to wear. I want it.....

Not going to go too deep here as there are tons of critiques and photos online. There were overall some real bores, especially for an event like this! Margarita Missoni was disappointing. I usually really like MM's style. In context of this event, the Olsens were not that impressive this time around either, even though they were wearing gowns made especially for them by the Diane Von Furstenberg (whom I do quite admire on many levels). Anna Wintour really went for it in Chanel. Its great to see she must still have some sense of fun underneath her fashion editor armor. Kate Moss looked quite pretty but not really taking a risk here. I suppose its her effortless style. She always looks great, but somehow always looks a bit the same.... You know I love her, but its true....I would have liked to have seen more drama for this night. Katie Holmes looked radiant in red with that tan skin and shiny dark hair. Also quite loved the whole look of Naomi Watts. Its classic Hollywood glamor meets superhero with the signature Thierry Mugler star and geometric pleats. The angular effect frames her face and shoulders. More pics are here: Gala Photos. I'm off to revel in Bowie....

PS: On the superhero note I am kind of obsessing on Robert Downey Jr. & Ironman. I fell in love with him in Less than Zero. A great actor even back then. This is the first superhero movie I've really ever wanted to see...

No comments: