Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shaka from President Obama

Is he the first President to throw a shaka? Seems so. Our President brings the Aloha spirit to DC.

As his Hawaiian high school band passed by, the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, threw out the classic Hawaiian greeting. In fact, he threw out several shakas. It was soooooo good ;) I've been addicted to CNN all day. Our first surfing President. (Just because I am a city cat doesn't mean I forget those beach baby roots, and I consider a good bit of my heart to be in that beautiful Aloha state).

Can you imagine how fun the "Homestates Ball" will be tonight? Hawaii and Illinois. Oh bruddah, are dey gonna be eatin some poi with da Chicago-style hot dogs?

(Hijacked pics taken while watching CNN--by far the best network coverage of the day's activities).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent coverage of the day's events from a fashion perspective.yes yes yes to everything. except, did you not LOVE Aretha's HAT!?