Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Project Runway is TONIGHT!

The new season debuts tonight. I cannot go anywhere. I cannot DVR the debut. I want to watch it at the same time as everyone else. I know, its lame, maybe its like when men have to watch football live? Fashion is my sport perhaps.

But the reality of reality television is that after the 1st season, the shows are never as "pure." They ultimately become more commercial and you know more what to expect. It seems PR has become more of a place for already somewhat established designers to get more media time, exposure to possible investors, etc. I can't say I blame them, but I don't think its as exciting to see a 30-40 year old LA hipster, or wealthy upper east sider as it is to see just fresh, struggling, artistic talent? NO ONE will ever compare to the character which was my dear love Austin Scarlett. Maybe yes, its true, I have an affection for the slender gay designer, but aside from that, Austin was just so talented and also so entertaining.

No comments: