Monday, October 29, 2007

Fashion Mamluk?


I always have loved fashion and costume history (even took a course in college on the history of fashion). I like the idea of mixing looks from “history”—my theme days---dressing like the soldier meets native American girlfriend, etc.

So a few years ago, I had no idea what a mamluk was, I don’t think I’d even heard the term before.

But we learn new things all the time, and certain things do end up “sticking” especially when you are exposed in one form or another on an almost daily basis ☺ And especially when you actually find it interesting.

I’ve had this turban for many months and only wore it around the house playing dress up. It was on my dresser. This morning, I could not think of anything to wear. Burnt a bit still from fashion week perhaps? And somehow this came together. Hurrah, I am not a creative failure….or am I ;) I threw the jacket on right as I walked out the door and you know, I feel good rocking this look today!

Now just don’t do me wrong in this get up, I might pull out my sword and slice your head off ;)

No comments: