Friday, October 12, 2007

Our party @ Mr. Chow


http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/parties/fullstory.sps?inewsid=478825

Mr. Gallo photographs much scarier than he is in person.

more photos to follow.....

So I had to oversee this schmoozy event for our firm last night. I was stressed before it like you would not believe. Going straight from work to the event, my lovely army of interns made me feel like Cinderella. Practically dressing me. Steaming my clothes, zipping me up, rubbing the lotion on my back (that sounds like hannibal lechter--ha) putting the chilled mini champagne in my bag to take the edge off for the drive there (I wasn't driving myself), printing out the tip sheets and RSVP lists. THANK YOU!!!!

So, lets see. The food was delicious! A certain actor made eyes at me a bunch, and a certain female actress rubbed all over me like a cat in heat. Hey, at least she's hot and sexy and he's considered desirable and a real estate tycoon. Can't say it was all bad. Ha. But how did the evening end......hmmm....I'll never tell ;)

What else. Paparazzi are an interesting bunch. Watching the lady eat our intern's half-eaten lettuce wrap was really hilarious. The staff @ Mr. Chow were so sweet and maybe a bit dangerous for a little girl like me. Constantly filling me up with the champs.....

Gift box was really good. Tons of organic Smashbox cosmetics. And good talks with new friends :)

Ali & Josie are a glowing sunbeam of a couple. Wow.


L.A. Confidential
Mercedez-Benz L.A. Fashion Week's kick-off party at Mr. Chow
Friday, October 12, 2007

(BEVERLY HILLS) Mercedes-Benz L.A. Fashion Week got a chic yet intimate jumpstart Thursday night courtesy of Smashbox cohorts Dean and Davis Factor and Fred Segal Beauty's Michael Baruch and Paul DeArmas, who again teamed up to dole out 100 invites for their third-annual private dinner at Mr. Chow.

"It's an under-the-radar, cool way to get excited for the week and show our support for the fashion community," explained Davis about their exclusive dinner party. "It isn't really about what movie stars are here, it's about different leaders in different industries."

That list of leaders included Matthew Rolston, Randolph Duke, Diane Warren, Lawrence Bender, Vincent Gallo, Jenni Kayne, Traver Rains, Jaime Pressly, Josie Maran, Jessica Paster, Jeremy Scott, Brent Bolthouse, Jen Rosero, Cleveland Cavaliers co-owner Gary Gilbert, Marissa Ribisi, Giovanni Ribisi, Nicky Hilton, David Katzenberg, jewelry designer Loree Rodkin, lawyer David Codikow, Steven Cojocaru, Robert Vetica, and writer Merle Ginsberg.

No comments: